Saturday, November 13, 2010

Addiction

I think it's probably pretty obvious by now that I have a serious addiction to chocolate. I mean, it's bad. You know something's not right when you'll willingly eat celery all day just because you know that means you can have a milkshake later. And out of the HUNDREDS of recipes I have on my computer, it's safe to say that over half are chocolate. What can I say? I'm in love.

Well, friends, even if you don't share my affinity for all things cocoa, I'm here to share with you a recipe that will make you addicted, too. Believe me. When I say this stuff is good, I ain't lyin'. You'll just keep going back for more. And the best part? So. Easy. I've had this at bridal showers, at home, and even my lovely future mother-in-law made it for our girl's night for Camp! Even then, I found girls who were originally hesitant hovering over the bowl waiting for seconds.

And I know that you'll see the recipe and think to yourself, "Self: why on earth is she posting a recipe with ice cream in it? Doesn't she know it's November?" Yes, yes I do. But you have to trust me on this one. We're friends, right? Answer: yes.

So here it is, y'all. Enjoy! This is a perfect recipe for dessert-time during the holidays!

Cappuccino Punch

Ingredients:
  • ¼ cup instant coffee granules
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 2 quarts milk (and for the love of Pete, don't use skim! You'll be fine. Promise.)
  • 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
  • 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
In a small bowl, combine the coffee granules and the sugar. Stir in the boiling water until the coffee mixture is dissolved. Then cover and refrigerate until chilled. No, seriously. You have to let it cool down. I know it’s hard, trust me, but it’ll be worth it.

Just before it’s go-time, pour the COOLED coffee mixture into a 1-quart punch bowl and stir in the milk. Then, add scoops of your ice cream and stir until melted.

Serve to family, friends, or yourself on the back porch while reading a good book. Be prepared to be bombarded with pleas for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment